Stories are your bot's answers to Rules (users' questions).
Access Stories from the left-hand navigation panel. The main dashboard consists of:
- 3.Unique Users who interacted with the story
- 4.Number of viewers who viewed the story
- 5.Time spent interacting with the story
- 6.Average sentiment
- 7.Links to this (specific) Story
- 9.Duplicate/Delete story
To add a new story, click on the add new story button on the top right corner of the page.
New Story button
Add New Story
- 1.Story Name - The name you would give your Story.
Example " Greetings", "Seafood Menu", "List of Schools". This is required and important in identifying the story in other parts of the platform.
- 2.Send alert to - admin email address
- 3.Stats - Descriptive statistics including total impressions, average sentiment and total time spent in minutes from your users on this story.
- 5.Add Quick Reply
- 6.What will they say next? - Anticipate response and add to the flow in the form of conversation
- 7.Cancel/Duplicate/Broadcast/Delete story
- 8.Preview/Save story
Click on +add response to add text, image, action, webhook, cards, and document responses.
Quick replies provide a way to present a set of up to 13 buttons in conversation. You can also use quick replies to request a person's location, email address, and phone number. These are like “suggestions” or “autocomplete” tips to help the user decide what to reply. These are dynamic inputs for BotDistrikt. Clicking on a quick reply is the same as typing the text inside.
Click here to add a quick reply
Example of Quick Replies
How Quick Replies look like in chats.
You may add buttons only to a text and card response.
A button can be linked to a Website URL, Story, Phone number, and Text.
Add a Button
You may add a URL to the button and when users click on the button, they will be redirected to the URL in a web browser. If you encounter an error, please check that the website starts with HTTP or HTTPS.
You may link the button to a Story. When the user clicks the button, the story triggers. You may also create a new story here by typing a story name.
You may link the button to a phone number. Once the user clicks on the button, they will trigger a phone call to the listed number. Depending on which messaging app is used, the phone call will use the app's phone functionality. The phone number must begin with + followed by the country code. Example +65/+1/+44, etc.
The Text button mimics the quick replies. It is an alternative method of providing quick replies but is tied down to its text or card response. This is beneficial to messaging apps that do not support quick replies but only support buttons.